What are Groin Injuries?
Groin injuries are due to a direct impact on groin area causing hernia, groin strain or any other injury to the groin. A groin injury may result in the sprain & strain or rupture or tear of one of your groin muscles or ligaments. Groin injuries are common with activities that involve high speed such as kicking or the one that involves a rapid change of direction, such as sprinting, groin injury treatment.
Here are some of the common symptoms indicating a groin injury:
- Pain and tenderness in the groin region
- Pain when the groin muscles are stretched
- Pain with the contraction of groin muscles such as squeezing the thigh
Your physiotherapist will conduct an assessment to find out which one of the groin muscles is injured. Once the affected structure has been diagnosed, the physiotherapist will make use of a combination of manual therapy, pain management, exercises, and massages to relieve pain and help you get back to normal activities again.
Groin Injury Treatment Options
- Rest for a short period of time in very acute pain
- Pain reduction using physical agents such as ice and electrical stimulation
- Manual therapy and joint mobilization
- Strengthening, stretching and muscle re-training
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- ART & chiropractic
Physiotherapists Treat Groin Injuries
At Mobility Physiotherapy, we have a team of qualified professionals who offer specialized treatment for various musculoskeletal conditions. Whether you have a chronic medical condition, such as arthritis, or you have experienced a sports injury, or suffer from dizziness and vertigo our experienced physiotherapists will provide you personalized treatment, offering you relief from pain and discomfort and enabling you to get back to your usual activities quickly